Bedwetting is very common and a normality for babies and toddlers, it reflects the immaturity of their very young bladders. However, bedwetting in adults and teenagers is very embarrassing in all ramifications and it's most times an indication of a serious ailment.
Adults and teenagers who bedwet are often victims of very weak bladder thereby displaying the immature ability to control urine outflow whilst sleeping.
There are various causes of bedwetting in adults and teenagers which includes;
1. Genetics: One of the first places to look for causes of bedwetting/urinary incontinence is whether there is a family history of bedwetting.
2. Urinary tract infections (UTI)
4. Kidney disease
5. Prostate problems
6. Bladder disease
7. Side effects of medications
8. Neurological disorders
Stress, anxiety, fear, and other psychological issues.
9. Imbalance of the antidiuretic hormone
10. Excess alcohol intake and drug abuse.
TREATMENT AND CONTROL
Bedwetting can actually be controlled, treated and reversed using various natural means.
1. Cutting down on alcohol and caffeinated beverages is one sure way to curb bedwetting.
2. Regular intake of herbal teas like corn silk, chickweed, st.johns wort and horsetail would effectively correct the disgraceful act.
3. Regular exercise in tandem with intake of herbs would help strengthen the bladder.
4. Effective treatment of all bladder, prostate and urinary tract issues would help curb bedwetting.
5. Regular sitz baths with scent leaves and some other available herbs would help strengthen the bladder especially for women with this condition.
N.B: For anyone suffering this condition, it's best you consult a professional health care giver for very valid advice.